|Zoria's always welcomes custom orders, don't be shy to ask for a quote! These one of a kind works of art make great presents or just a fabulous way to indulge yourself.|
Current Residence: Nebraska, USA
deviantWEAR sizing preference: Large
Print preference: Matte, 24x36
Favourite genre of music: country, rock and classical
MP3 player of choice: Iphone Touch
Other Tech Toys: Nook Color
Personal Quote: "You have an odd talent for getting into weird predicaments." ~ My Good Friend Melissa
I love rocks. I started this adventure because I fell in love with the look of wire wrapping but as I stared learning about the focal point of each wire wrap, the stones, I became fascinated with them. Each piece I create is a unique harmony, inspired by the stone that the wire surrounds and holds. I can try and recreate pieces I’ve made in the paste but even then I find that the pieces are not quite the same; the wraps a little altered the melody discretely different.
I also love to oil paint; sometimes I see things and am just like, God I wish I could paint that right now! My talent comes from my Grandma, Dorothy DeSelms. She was an amazing water color artist, but I started painting after she passed so all technique has been learned on my own from experimentation and a couple college courses that gave me basic art theories to build on.
Other than my arts something you should know is that I’m a driven fighter. In January 2006 when I was 17 I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblast Leukemia. It was devastating, I had graduated high school early and started college at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln and was six days into my first semester when I found out I had cancer. I underwent two and a half years of chemotherapy and beat the dastardly disease!
There is something that you don’t usually hear about from survivors because most are just so lucky and happy to be alive. The aftermath that chemotherapy can leave behind sometimes includes atrocious side effects. One of the treatments they gave me, Dexamethasone, a corticosteroid ran rampant through my body destroying my bones from the inside out, leading to joint destruction of all my major joints and many smaller ones. I’ve had nine major leg surgeries and have many major arm surgeries planned, in hopes that I can get back to a more normal life.
Through all of the, I’ve started college six times, in an effort to become more educated, though I believe I’ve had so much life experience I should get an honorable degree. I’m so proud to tell you that I’m no longer a Freshman in college, the last time I started I actually finished enough credits to be called a Sophomore!
I believe having my own fine art and jewelry business has kept me from going crazy through all of my challenges. I’m a young artist and I hope you enjoy my wire wrapping and oil paintings!
Where to find Zoria's
Our official Website: www.Zorias.com
Our official Portfolio: www.Zorias.com/Portfolio
Our Facebook website: www.facebook.com/ZoriasJewelry
Our Lincoln Arts Council Profile: www.artscene.org/member/?id=32…
Our Imgur profile: zorias.imgur.com
Labradorite is a feldspar mineral which occurs in large crystal masses in anorthosite rock and shows a beautiful array of colors. These colors are shown in a chatoyant way, an optical phenomenon in which the hue of the stone changes color or flash according to the angle from which the surface is viewed. Labradorite comes in all sorts of shades and colors; most common are blues, greens, golds, and oranges. Purple and magenta are some of the rarest colors.
Labradorite flashes brightly as a light in darkness or light at end of a tunnel and because of that is a good healing stone. Labradorite is associated with the solar plexus and has properties that aid in will power and inner core strength.Labradorite also awakens inner feeling of self-worth and guides with intuition and reduces anxiety. Also known as the Power Stone, Labradorite awakens and protects our aura through balance.ARGENTIUM® Sterling Silver is the highest quality of Sterling Silver available today and is highly tarnish resistant. Sterling Silver is 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper. Argentium is actually 93.5% silver with the remaining 6.5% a mixture of Copper and the element Germanium which gives it a higher tarnish resistance and less people are allergic to it than normal Sterling Silver.